View the latest Work at Home News online, check the source link below for the original source link…
I think that SD-WAN could totally change the carrier market, in a destructive way, that is good for customers.
1. MPLS revenue for Private WAN is already declining
2. SD-WAN disrupts the router vendors who have cosy arrangements with carriers (their best customers) by producing devices that don’t damage carriers revenue. Is that why startups developed SD-WAN and not Cisco or Juniper ?
3. Multi-carrier networks create arbitrage opportunities that reduce cost of bandwidth by more than 50%. Now that is a “disruptive” technology!
4. Why are we stuck with dumb routers on dumb bandwidth paying dumb prices ?
5. Carriers are hopeless at customer service. Do you really believe that they could manage your firewalls, proxies, QOS etc ? Pfffftttt. Thats why I think carrier NFV is dumb.
6. Customers hate carriers. It could be time for customers to get even.
You can find more like this at Packet Pushers website :
If you have topics that I should tackle in future episodes of Two Beer Networking then leave a comment below or send us an email packetpushers at gmail.com
Disclosure: Opinions are 100% my own. I dont have a salary owner to make excuses for. I will always disclose when I work with a brand on any paid campaign.